What information do we need from a foreign visitor coming to give a speech and are they exempt from federal tax?

In order to determine the tax exemption or liability, the University needs to know what type of visa this visitor will have upon arrival in the U.S., their "Country of Residence," social security number (if any), and length of current and previous stays in the U.S. After the UH Foreign National Tax Specialist, Linda Morarticle at (713) 743-8987 has analyzed this information, a determination regarding withholding can be answered.

Created: Feb 19, 2004 - 4:1pm Updated: Aug 07, 2009 - 5:10am Author: Web Technologies Article: 999
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.