Can I continue my health insurance after I leave the university?

Yes, you will automatically receive a COBRA notice from the Employees Retirement System (ERS) explaining your options to continue your health insurance. (COBRA is the Consolidated Omnibus Budget Reconciliation Act - a federal law that gives families who lose their health insurance benefits the right to continue that coverage.)

Created: Jan 28, 2004 - 9:34am Updated: Aug 16, 2009 - 12:49pm Author: Web Technologies Article: 919
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.