I have a bachelor's degree, and I would like to attend UH to take courses that are required for graduate school. Will the courses that I take as a postbaccalaureate count towards my graduate degree?
If you are taking undergraduate courses that are prerequisites to being admitted to a graduate program, you will earn undergraduate credit for them. 
Credit for graduate level courses taken by postbaccalaureate students is also awarded as undergraduate credit but may be petitioned for graduate credit upon admission to the graduate program. However, there are restrictions and limitations on the application of postbaccalaureate hours toward a graduate degree. All such hours must be approved by the degree-granting college and department (See Graduate Catalog Online for details).
The postbaccalaureate classification describes students who have degrees but are not enrolled in a formal graduate or undergraduate degree program. Students who are seeking admission into a graduate program but have not yet been admitted are considered non-degree seeking. See the UH 2003-2005 Undergraduate Catalog for more information.
Schedule an appointment with the advisor in your major of interest. Contact information is available at http://www.uh.edu/departments/.

Created: Aug 14, 2003 - 8:16am Updated: Aug 16, 2009 - 12:50pm Author: Web Technologies Article: 778
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.