How do I change or appeal my grade? When is the deadline to do so?

A student must appeal a grade within 90 days of its posting. Contact your instructor, or fill out a General Petition form and submit it to the instructor. Because assigning a grade or evaluating a student's work performance involves the faculty's professional judgment and is an integral part of the faculty's teaching responsibilities, disagreement with an instructor concerning a grade or evaluation is not a justifiable grievance to be considered under this policy unless a violation of university, college, or department academic policies or procedures can be shown to have affected that grade or evaluation. 

Created: Jul 03, 2003 - 9:53am Updated: Aug 16, 2009 - 12:50pm Author: Web Technologies Article: 751
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.