Can a student classified under HB 1403 get financial aid ?

Students identified as SB 1528 (previously HB 1403) students may be eligible for certain state grants. These state grants include: the Texas Public Education Grant, and Texas Grant.

Students should complete the TASFA application as soon as possible as there will be limited state grant funding.

Grant awards will be made on a first come first serve basis.

Male students will need to register with the Selective Service System. Selective Service registration cards are available at any U.S. Post Office.

Submit the TASFA application in person to room 120 of the Welcome Center, or mail the TASFA to the
University of Houston
Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid
31 E. Cullen Buildg
Attn: SB 1528 Coordinator
Houston, TX 77204-2010

Students may also call 713-743-1010, option 5 or e-mail: for additional information.

Created: Mar 14, 2003 - 12:43pm Updated: Oct 26, 2011 - 7:11am Author: Web Technologies Article: 574
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.