Are international students eligible for any financial aid?

International students are not eligible for any Federal student financial assistance. International students may apply for a private loan if they have a credit-worthy U.S. citizen as a co-signer for the private loan. The student must also complete the Private Loan Self-Certification form found at the Financial Aid Forms web page.

International students are also encouraged to contact the University of Houston International Student and Scholar Services Office (ISSSO) for any grants and scholarships that they may offer.

Contact ISSSO at:
University of Houston
International Student & Scholar Services Office (ISSSO)
306 Student Service Center 1
Houston, TX 77204-3024

Phone: (713) 743-5065

Eligible non-citizens are defined in the Glossary at Eligible non-citizens can submit a FAFSA to apply for Federal student financial assistance.

Created: Mar 14, 2003 - 5:46am Updated: Oct 26, 2011 - 7:11am Author: Web Technologies Article: 573
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.