What is the procedure for changing a grade once the roll has been submitted?  How do I appeal a grade I received?

The procedure for appealing a grade is found in the Academic Rules and Regulations portion of the University of Houston catalog under the category "Final Grade Report". Students are encouraged to contact the instructor of record or submit written requests to the department chair whenever questions arise concerning a grade received in a course. Students have 90 days after the posting of a grade to appeal. To appeal a grade, students must submit a completed General Petition Form or written request to the department where the course is offered no later than the close of the semester/summer session following the posting of the grade. Faculty are required to retain all evaluated student material for a six month period after the end of the last class of the semester evaluated.

Created: Jan 06, 2003 - 3:57am Updated: Sep 10, 2007 - 10:48am Author: Web Technologies Article: 522
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.