If my parents are residents of the state of Texas, can I be considered a resident if I live out of state?

Generally, a student with legal status, who moves to Texas in order to reside with a natural parent or court-appointed legal guardian, is eligible for reclassification after 12 months in Texas. However, if the student is a dependent of a resident parent or court-appointed legal guardian, both the year before and the year of his/her registration in an institution of higher education, he/she would automatically be considered a resident for tuition-purposes.

For a list of rules and regulations please visit:
http://www.collegefortexans.com/residency/resident.cfm http://www.thecb.state.tx.us/Rules/tac3.cfm?Chapter_ID=21&Subchapter=B#21.23"

Created: Nov 21, 2002 - 9:58am Updated: May 17, 2011 - 12:19pm Author: Web Technologies Article: 476
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.