What are the general requirements for paying in-state tuition in Texas?

Generally, an independent student who is a citizen, permanent resident, or who has applied for permanent resident status must reside in Texas for 12 consecutive months before registering in an institution of higher education (community college or university) in the state of Texas, while being gainfully employed. Individuals who hold eligible visas may also qualify. Please visit the state of Texas Web site for a list of these visas at "WWW.THECB.STATE.TX.US".

Created: Nov 21, 2002 - 9:48am Updated: Sep 01, 2009 - 8:54am Author: Web Technologies Article: 475
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.