I am on academic suspension at the University of Houston. What do I have to do to get back in school?

Please consult the  UH Readmission Policy in the Undergraduate General Studies Catalog and note that:

  1. A first academic suspension is for a period of at least one semester (the Summer sessions equal one semester).
  2. A second academic suspension is for a period of at least 12 months.
  3. After earning a third academic suspension, a student is ineligible to re-enroll at the University of Houston.

Readmission is neither automatic nor guaranteed. Colleges may have additional and specific policies and procedures pertaining to readmission from academic suspension; therefore, students seeking readmission should consult the appropriate college section in the  Undergraduate General Studies Catalog or request information from the office of the academic dean for specific college requirements.Students seeking readmission from suspension as a University Studies Division student should meet with a  University Studies Division advisor as soon as possible.

Created: Aug 12, 2002 - 5:18am Updated: Sep 10, 2007 - 10:50am Author: Web Technologies Article: 275
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.