Why does Outlook 2011 for Mac keep giving me the error:
Outlook for Mac may give this error to users who are using an outdated software version.
- Go to Help in the top menu within Outlook.
- Click on "Check for Updates".
- Select "Manual" and click "Next".
- Select all the updates available, and then click on "Download".
- If prompted to close applications, Click "Force Quit".
- Once the update is complete, reopen Outlook and try setting up the account again.
Outlook also may give this error if there is a corrupted keychain entry:
- Quit Outlook.
- Go to Keychain Access.
- In the top right search bar, type your Outlook account email address.
- Once you locate the Keychain file for Outlook, drag it to the trash bin.
- Open Outlook again and try to setup your account.
Created: Mar 11, 2015 - 8:28am Updated: Dec 04, 2017 - 4:24am Author: UIT Support Center Article: 2744
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.