How do I connect to a Hidden SSID for my Playstation 3?
- Select [Settings] > [Network Settings].
- Select [Internet Connection Settings].
- Select [Yes] when a confirmation screen is displayed stating that you will be disconnected from the Internet.
- Select [Custom].
- Make a wireless connection via a wireless LAN
- Specify the access point by entering its SSID manually using a keyboard. Use the SSID: [UHRegistered]. Make sure to enter it exactly as shown with no parenthesis (case sensitive).
- Set the encryption key to [None].
- Set the ethernet data transfer rate to [Auto-Detect]
- Set the IP Address Setting to [Automatic].
- Set the DHCP host name, select [Do Not Set].
- Set the DNS server to [Automatic].
- Set the MTU value to [Automatic].
- Set the Proxy Server to [Do Not Use].
- Set the UPnP to [Enable]. If set to [Disable], communication with others may be restricted when using the voice / video chat feature or communication features of games.
Created: Jan 05, 2015 - 1:26am Updated: Dec 11, 2017 - 7:4am Author: UIT Support Center Article: 2725
Was this article helpful?
Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.