Starting in Firefox version 30 NTLM version one has been disabled by default. This feature is used to do authentication on some University systems such as SharePoint, systems in LAW, and other systems in UIT.
You will notice the issue if a website that would normally prompt you for a password does not show the popup window and displays a blank screen or displays the error 402.1.
*This affects non Windows operating systems including Mac and Linux based machines.
You can re-enable this feature by following the steps below or watching the YouTube video created by the UIT Mac team.
- Open Firefox
- In the URL bar type: about:config
- Firefox will prompt you with a window stating that "This might void your warranty!"
- Click "I'll be careful, I promise!"
- In the search box at the top of the window search for "ntlm"
- Double Click network.negotiate-auth.allowed-insecure-ntlm-v1
- The value column should change to true
- Once that value is set you are done and the site should work properly.
We are unaware of what will happen when a firefox update is performed. This may result in you having to make this setting change again.
If you would like to view the YouTube video the link to that is: http://youtu.be/eYgyo5s8UQc
Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.