The Skype for Business (SFB) Client allows you to use your computer as a telephone as well as enabling the unified communication features. Before downloading and installing the Skype for Business (SFB) Client you will need to identify your operating system.
Part 1: Verify Operating System Type
1. Right-click Computer or My Computer on your PC and select Properties.
2. Your system information is listed under the System tab.
Part 2: Download the Skype for Business (SFB) Client Tool
1. Go to the Software Downloads website and download the Skype for Business (SFB) Client.
2. Click Windows.
3. Click on your Operating System (32bit or 64bit).
4. Click the arrow button underneath SFB 2013 SP1.
5. Click Run.
6. Click Yes.
7. The Microsoft Skype for Business (SFB) Client installer appears.
8. Select Use Microsoft update when I check for updates (recommended).
9. Click Install.
10. After the installation is complete, click Close.
Part 3: Update the Skype for Business (SFB) Client
1. Return to the Software Downloads website and select the update for your operating system.
2. Click Open.
3. The Welcome to the Microsoft Skype for Business (SFB) Setup Wizard appears. Click Next.
4. Click Update.
5. Click Yes when the User Account Control dialog box appears.
6. Wait until the Set up Wizard updates Microsoft Skype for Business (SFB).
7. Click Finish to complete the Setup Wizard.
Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.