My awards are not enough to cover my fees and school supplies. How do I apply for additional funds?

There are several ways to obtain additional funds for your education.

  • If you are a dependent student, your parent may apply for a Parent Loan to help with educational expenses. If they are denied, you can request an additional loan.
  • For both dependent and independent students, you may also apply for alternative loans.
  • When requesting additional funds or applying for alternative loans, we can only approve an amount that will not exceed your cost of attendance (COA) for the University of Houston.
  • Please note that during the start of the semester, the processing times for plus and alternative loans may take a few weeks. We advise students to select a deferment or payment plan if loan application is still in process.
Created: Dec 20, 2011 - 9:1am Updated: Apr 09, 2012 - 8:55am Author: Web Technologies Article: 2508
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.