I have been newly admitted for the Spring semester. Will all of my previous aid transfer to UH?

Financial aid does not directly transfer between colleges. Instead, UH will recalculate your eligibility for Pell grant and direct loans based on the information on your FAFSA, your confirmed UH enrollment, and the previously disbursed amounts at your prior institution. If you are transferring for the spring semester, the amount of federal student aid for which you are eligible will be reduced by the amount of federal student aid you received and “earned” at the previous institution. Certain types of Federal aid eligibilities, such as Pell grant and loans, are portable, while campus-based aid such as the Federal Perkins loan and Federal work-study are not. In addition, any money awarded by your prior institution from its own funds will not transfer.

Created: Dec 20, 2011 - 8:58am Updated: Sep 13, 2012 - 8:58am Author: Web Technologies Article: 2507
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.