I have been newly admitted for the Spring semester. How do I apply for Spring Financial Aid?

Applying to UH and obtaining an admissions decision into a degree-seeking program is your first step towards completing your Financial Aid file. Without an admission decision, the University of Houston will not be able to load your FAFSA application. 

  1. Complete and send your FAFSA to UH. Admitted students are required to file a FAFSA application for the applicable aid year that includes the UH Main Campus school code: 003652. If you have previously filled out the FAFSA for the current aid year, you will not need to complete a new one, you will simply need to login to your FAFSA page and add the University of Houston campus school code. It is important that your name, date of birth and social security number in your myUH student profile match your FAFSA application. Please contact the Office of Registration and Academic Records to verify your student record. 
  2. Please review the Student Aid Report (SAR) comments on your FAFSA. If you see an asterisk (*) symbol next to your EFC index or if you were notified by your previous institution that your file was selected for a process called verification, additional documents are required. Your specific requirements can be viewed online via your myUH account on your To-Do List. All financial aid forms are available for download and each page must contain your myUH number before you turn it in to the Office of Scholarships and Financial Aid.
  3. Please make sure that you have no incomplete or initiated items on your Financial Aid To-Do List. All required documents must include signatures and contain your myUH ID number. Students are responsible for monitoring their myUh account for additional documents that may be required. Missing information could cause a delay on your file.
  4. Please complete the Spring Aid Application form once you have already completed steps 1-3 above. Submitting the form before you have been admitted or sent the FAFSA will result in a delay of your awards. The Spring Aid Application requires you to cancel any pending or active Spring 2012 aid with your prior institution. You may not receive aid from multiple institutions during the same enrollment period, and doing so will result in cancellation of aid and a balance.
  5. Please secure a payment plan for your classes. If you have been admitted and have registered for your classes, but have not been awarded financial aid by the time your fee bill is due, or have not received enough awards to cover your bill, please visit the Student Financial Services Office for your payment options. You may also read about deferment plans and payment options.
  6. Watch your inbox for email confirmation. Once you are awarded, an email notification will be sent to the email address on your student profile. Please accept, adjust or decline your aid in Self-Service in your myUH account. For details regarding your student profile or access issues, contact the IT Department. If you choose to accept loans, an entrance counseling session and a Master Promissory Note (MPN) must be completed with the Department of Education by going to www.studentloans.gov. If you have already completed entrance counseling and a Master Promissory Note at your previous institution, you will not need to do it again.
  7. Disburse
Created: Dec 20, 2011 - 8:56am Updated: Sep 13, 2012 - 8:57am Author: Web Technologies Article: 2506
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.