Follow these steps to configure Microsoft Outlook 2000 to use Internet e-mail.
Note: You may need the Microsoft Office or Outlook software CD or disks.
1. Launch Outlook.
2. Go to the "Tools" menu and select the "Services..." command. Select the "Services" tab.
3. In the list called "The following information services are set up in this profile:" look for "Internet E-mail."
4. If it is not there, click the "Add..." button and select "Internet E-mail" from the list of "Available information services."
5. In the "Mail Account" field, type a name you want to use.
6. In the "User Information" section, enter the following information:
Organization: your_organization (can be left blank)
E-mail Address: your_email_address
Reply Address: (can be left blank)
7. Select the Servers tab.
8. In the "Server Information" section, enter the following information:
Outgoing Mail (SMTP): post-office.uh.edu
(note) for off campus contact your Internet Service Provider (ISP)
Incoming Mail (POP3): your_system.uh.edu (such as mail.uh.edu)
9. In the "Login Information" section, enter the following information:
Account Name: your_userid
10. Select the Connection tab. In the "Connection" section, select "I use a LAN connection."
11. Click the "OK" buttons until you have left the setup.
12. Restart Outlook.
Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.