In the Spring 2011 semester, mail.uh.edu system administrators implemented a system change to improve overall system performance and security. Email validation is now required to send messages from mail.uh.edu email accounts.
Email validation means that your reply-to email address must be your default mail.uh.edu email address in your email client software settings. When using the http://mail.uh.edu/ webpage to compose and send email messages, you are not affected by this change.
Your default mail.uh.edu email address should be listed as one of the following:
If you have recently attempted to send a message from your mail.uh.edu account and received an error that says "5.7.0 You have no permission to send mail on behalf of this person - Error: -17099" and the email does not send, you will have to change your reply-to email address in Microsoft Entourage 2004/2008 to be your default mail.uh.edu address. Here is how to do it:
Microsoft Entourage 2004/2008
- Click on the Tools menu and select Accounts.
- In the Accounts window that appears, click on the Mail tab and double-click the entry for your mail.uh.edu account.
- In the windows that appears, click on the Account Settings tab.
- In the Email Address field, under Personal Information, enter your firstname.lastname@example.org
- Click on the OK button in the bottom-right corner of the window to save your changes.
For a quick tutorial, with screenshots, on changing your mail.uh.edu reply-to address in Microsoft Entourage 2004/2008, consult the document attached below.
If you have any additional questions about changing your mail.uh.edu reply-to address, email validation, or alternate email delivery options, please contact the UH IT Support Center (UITSC) at 713-743-1411, or via email at email@example.com .
Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.