In the Spring 2011 semester, mail.uh.edu system administrators implemented a system change to improve overall system performance and security. Email validation is now required to send messages from mail.uh.edu email accounts.
Email validation means that your reply-to email address must be your default mail.uh.edu email address in your email client settings. When using the http://mail.uh.edu/ webpage to compose and send email messages, you are not affected by this change.
Your default mail.uh.edu email address should be listed as one of the following:
If you have recently attempted to send a message from your mail.uh.edu account and received an error that says "A copy has been placed in your Outbox. No password provided." and the email does not send, you will have to change your reply-to email address on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad to be your default mail.uh.edu address. Here is how to do it:
- Tap the Settings icon.
- Tap Mail, Contacts, Calendars.
- Tap your mail.uh.edu account listing.
- In the Account Information section, enter your email@example.com into the Address field.
- Press the Done button in the upper-right corner to save your changes.
- Press the Home button at the bottom of your iPhone/iPod Touch and press the Mail icon to check your mail.uh.edu email.
For a quick tutorial, with screenshots, on changing your mail.uh.edu reply-to address on your iPhone/iPod Touch/iPad, consult the document attached below.
If you have any additional questions about changing your mail.uh.edu reply-to address, email validation, or alternate email delivery options, please contact the UH IT Support Center (UITSC) at 713-743-1411, or via email at firstname.lastname@example.org .
Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.