Laptops running Windows Vista that are trying to connect using UHWireless (wi-fi) are NOT able to get to web pages, even though they have good connections to wireless access points.
HELP can be found from:
- Technology Commons, Room 58 M.D. Anderson Library, (entrance is on the east side of the library) open 24/7
- IT Support Center walk-up service locations, located at:
- Room 116 PGH (Philip Guthrie Hoffman Hall) M-F, 8AM-8PM
- M. D. Anderson Library, First Floor, Across from the Circulation Desk (Support available during library hours only)
- Moody Towers, Basement, M-F, 8AM-5PM
There's a software fix called DHCP Broadcast Fix Tool v1.2 that addresses this issue.
1. Unzip the file DHCPFixTool1.2.zip, if needed.
2. Double-click DHCP Broadcast Fix Tool.exe.
3. Click "Query Adapter" to see a list of network adapters on the computer.
4. Select the wireless adapter you want to fix from the list and click "Apply Fix."
5. Reboot the computer and launch a web barticleser.
Undoing the Fix - If you want to undo the fix, run the DHCP Broadcast Fix Tool, select the adapter and click "Reset to Vista Default."
Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.