What is an out-of-state tuition waiver? 

You may be entitled to an out-of-state tuition waiver if you are a:

• Non-resident of the state of Texas and

• Recipient of UH or competitive individual college scholarships totaling $1,000 or more annually.

The waiver allows you to pay tuition at the same rate as a Texas resident-a savings of thousands per semester.

It is available only those students who meet the scholarship requirements. Even if you do qualify for the scholarship, the number of waivers awarded is limited, so you are encouraged to apply as early as possible.

Persons who receive waivers are not Texas residents, even though they can pay the resident tuition rate. Such persons are not eligible for state financial aid programs, although they may be eligible for federal or institutional financial aid. Visit with the financial aid office at your college for details. 

Visit www.uh.edu/finaid/outofstate.

Created: Oct 12, 2007 - 5:28am Updated: Nov 15, 2007 - 10:8am Author: Web Technologies Article: 2066
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.