If I stop going to class, does that withdraw me from class?

After enrolling in classes, a student who wants to withdraw must notify the Registrar's Office in writing to cancel classes. Merely discontinuing class attendance is not considered to be a formal withdrawal from the university. Students who discontinue class attendance and fail to follow the established resignation procedure will be held responsible for all tuition and fees. In addition, students who receive Federal Financial Aid and who stop attending classes without officially withdrawing are subject to the Return of Title IV Funds. For more information, visit www.uh.edu/finaid.

Created: Oct 10, 2007 - 11:5am Updated: Nov 15, 2007 - 9:39am Author: Web Technologies Article: 2046
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.