What do I need to be part of the Work Study program?
The Federal Work-Study Program provides an opportunity for employment to undergraduate and graduate students with financial need. It allows you to earn money to help Federal Work-Study Program provides an opportunity for employment to undergraduate and graduate students with financial need. It allows you to earn money to help pay for education-related expenses.
College Work-Study is a need-based program to:
• assist in earning money to meet educational costs AND
• provide work experience related to your chosen academic major or career field.
Before applying for College Work-Study jobs, you must first have applied for and received a College Work-Study award through the Scholarships and Financial Aid office at www.uh.edu/enroll/sfa/workstudy/main.
· Once you have received your award letter, you may complete the Work-Study job application at any time at: http://www.career.uh.edu/.
· Work-Study jobs will be posted beginning on August 1 at the above web site. Additional jobs will be posted after that date, so it is recommended that you keep checking the site after August 1.
· You must be registered for Fall classes before you can log in and conduct a job search.
Jobs are part-time and may be located on or off campus. Students are allowed to work a maximum of twenty hours per week, and the hour
Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.