I am an undeclared major in UScholars. Am I allowed to take 3000 or 4000 level classes in business?

Non-business majors may not take 3000-4000 level business courses except for DISC 3300, ENTR 3310 and 3312, INTB 3351, 3352, and 3353; and MARK 3337 (courses for the Global Business minor), unless they have officially declared a minor in business or are in a specialty program, and are taking courses specifically required for that minor or specialty program. 

All business minors require a 2.75 GPA on the last 60 hours of coursework including transfer work and all attempted hours except for the Global Business minor and the International Area Studies minor. A 2.0 gpa is required to take any 3000-4000 level business courses.

The Bauer College of Business has specified filing periods for a major or a minor in business: http://www.bauer.uh.edu/Undergraduate/current/changemajor.htm.

Consult a UScholars advisor in the basement of the MD Anderson Library East (across from the University Center) in room 56. UScholars Academic Advising Center (formerly University Studies Division) office hours are Monday-Tuesday, 8am-7pm and Wednesday-Friday, 8am-5pm.

Created: Feb 10, 2006 - 10:55am Updated: Aug 16, 2009 - 12:50pm Author: Web Technologies Article: 1339
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.