I received a low grade in a class. Can I retake it and replace the grade?

The following excerpt is from the current UH undergraduate catalog: "The cumulative grade point average is based upon all work taken at the University of Houston, including courses that are repeated, for which grade point values are assigned."

"A repeated course, including courses repeated during a summer session, is equivalent to a new course both in the determination of classification and in computing the cumulative grade point average."

A course that is retaken will not replace the original grade. It is added to your cumulative GPA as an additional course. There are specific instances in which you may be required to retake the course. Consult an advisor in your major for additional information. 

Created: Feb 24, 2005 - 3:5am Updated: Aug 16, 2009 - 12:50pm Author: Web Technologies Article: 1293
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.