Can I defer my loans since I am back in college?

You can receive a deferment for certain defined periods. A deferment is a temporary suspension of loan payments for specific situations such as reenrollment in school, unemployment, or economic hardship. For information on deferment, visit the Deferment and Forbearance web page at

To defer your loans due to being enrolled at least half-time, print a deferment form from your lender's website and send that, along with a Verification of Enrollment, to your lender. You can print a Verification of Enrollment from your myUH account. Click on Academic Records, select Request Enrollment Verification, choose the second option in the drop down box labeled "Request Institution to Mail," then click on the National Student Clearinghouse Enrollment Verification link.

Created: Jul 09, 2004 - 6:20am Updated: Oct 26, 2011 - 7:11am Author: Web Technologies Article: 1244
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.