Computer worms can come from a security “hole” in a piece of software. Many have taken advantage of security holes in Windows. Worms can be spread like viruses but are usually in the form of e-mail attachments. Once opened, worm attachments can replicate themselves by re-emailing the attachment to people listed in your address books. Since e-mail is so prevalent in today's society, worms spread much faster than viruses could do on their own.
Affect on computer:
• Programs won't run correctly
• E-mail programs will have problems
• The computer can automatically reboot without you doing anything
• Strange messages appear on the screen
• Computer crashes frequently
• Files get bigger for no reason
Click Here for more information on protecting your computer.
Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.