Who should complete Form 4790 (Report of International Transportation of Currency or Monetary Instruments)?

A person (department) must file Form 4790 if that person/department physically transports, mails, or ships, or causes to be physically transported, mailed, shipped or received currency or other monetary instruments in an aggregate amount exceeding $10,000.00 on any one occasion from the United States to any place outside the US, or into the US from any place outside the US.

Created: Mar 16, 2004 - 3:27am Updated: Aug 07, 2009 - 5:10am Author: Web Technologies Article: 1089
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.