How does a donor give non-cash assets (e.g. stock) to the university?

Many stocks exist in what is called book entry form, i.e., no physical certificate exists. In that case the donor's broker can send the stock to the university electronically. The instructions vary depending on whether the gift is to be endowed or not. The manager of Treasury Operations can provide instructions. If physical securities are donated they must be in the university's name or a stock power must be included. See SAM 03.F.01 Gift Acceptance Policies.

Created: Mar 16, 2004 - 2:47am Updated: Aug 07, 2009 - 5:10am Author: Web Technologies Article: 1080
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.