Are we required to pay sales tax on new items purchased by our department?

The University of Houston is generally exempt from paying Texas sales and use tax on items purchased in Texas. The University’s Texas sales and use tax certificate may be found at the UH Tax Department’s web site Click here .

Created: Feb 19, 2004 - 4:20pm Updated: Aug 07, 2009 - 5:10am Author: Web Technologies Article: 1010
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.