A foreign visitor coming to give a speech to our department claims that he gave two previous speeches in this country that were not taxed, is this visitor tax exempt?

It depends on what country the foreign visitor is coming from, and if the United States has a tax treaty with this country. Contact the UH Foreign National Tax Specialist, Linda Morarticle at (713) 743-8987, for a determination.

Created: Feb 19, 2004 - 4:10pm Updated: Aug 07, 2009 - 5:10am Author: Web Technologies Article: 1003
Was this article helpful?

Thank you for your feedback. Click Here to submit again.